Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yes, I CAN swim....



I just don't like to!

Early afternoon, Mom said "Jane, wanna go swimming?" I had no idea what that word meant, but by the sound of her voice, it had to be something fun!! Plus, I am a dog that likes to do new and exciting things. I wagged my tail and ran outside (with a leash on, of course - I keep waiting for one of them to forget the leash part!!!)

Next thing I knew, the leash was off (yea!!!!!!). My joy was shortlived when I was placed in the giant water bowl that I usually see the kids in. Panic....panic....panic....panic....I swam as fast as I could to get to the edge - I couldn't get out!!!!!! I tried and tried and tried...it was no use, I couldn't get out! Riley was right in there with me though - that made me feel a little better. Still, I DID NOT LIKE THE GIANT WATER BOWL. Who knew? I've been watching them in it all summer - it looked like fun. Never did I imagine how truly horrible it was - those poor kids - in it EVERY DAY. I feel so bad for them. I hope they NEVER put me in it again.

Next time I hear Mom say "Jane, wanna go swimming?" I will run the other way. Fast. Fast like a Jack Russell Terrier.

No comments: