Monday, August 13, 2007

Me and the GIRL


Don't get me wrong - I love her....I really do...but, this dressing me up thing??? Not so much. It has GOT to stop! Quinn is my favorite girl in the whole family but this twin business? It's not my thing - especially when she wants to dress up in black turtlenecks and skirts in the middle of August!

Maybe it's payback for running away from her this morning. Quinn was doing a good thing - she was taking me out to go potty when Mom was taking in the groceries. I was happy because Quinn is not allowed to take me out. Why? Because I am strong and tough and active and I like to run! She is 6 and cannot really hold on to my leash if I spot something I need to get - like a SQUIRREL for instance.

Well, it wasn't my pure unadulterated stength that enabled me to get away from her - it was the fact that she put my collar on wrong! Yee-ha! I did a little peeing and then I was OUT OF THERE! The best part was the look on her face when she saw me running. She looked down in confusion at the leash still in her hand and then she started crying.

I knew that Mom, Riley and Jameson would soon be on my tail - trying to catch me once again.
I ran down the street, got a couple pets from a nice lady, then saw Mom and took off across the street! Ha-ha! I ran down the road and stopped to do some more business and there was Riley - on his bike and ready to pick me up! uh....no! I took off again, running back toward the nice lady who pet me - flew past Mom and Quinn (who had by now stopped crying- thank goodness). I saw some treats on the sidewalk that Mom had probably set out in order to trick me into stopping. It almost worked - if I wouldn't have had to poop so much again I would have stopped for a bite to eat. Too late - Mom grabbed me mid potty break. Darn! back into the house I went.

And there was Jameson, sitting on the couch playing with his DS - apparently unconcerned about the fact that I ran away. He would have let me run forever - I knew there was something about that boy that I liked.

I wonder when QUINN will be taking me out again....I'll be waiting..

No comments: